Originally released Late 2013.
This 27″ iMac will come standard with a 3.5GHz QC i7 Processor/16GB RAM/1TB Hard Drive/NVIDIA GTX 775M 2GB Graphics Card
Custom configurations are available.
Third party keyboard and mouse included.
Includes a standard 6 month warranty*. 1 & 2 year extended warranties are available.
All Certified Pre-Loved Macs have been meticulously reconditioned, some condition may vary. Equipment may have minor cosmetic blemishes that may include surface scratches, minor imperfections and normal wear and tear.
The 27″ iMac Desktop Computer from Apple is an all-in-one desktop computer with an ultra-slim unibody design. Measuring at just 5mm at its edges, the iMac has 40% less volume than the 2011 iMac. The body of the iMac isn’t the only thing that got thinner. The LCD display is now 5mm thinner, and Apple also removed a 2mm gap between the LCD panel and the glass to save even more space.
The 27″ widescreen display features LED backlighting for vibrant, accurate color. With in-plane switching (IPS) technology, the iMac has a wide 178° viewing angle. The screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a 2560 x 1440 native resolution, supported by a dedicated NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M graphics card with 1GB of GDDR5 memory or a NVIDIA GeForce GT 780M graphics card with a whopping 4GB of GDDR5 memory.
Powered by a quad-core 4th-generation Haswell 3.2GHz Intel Core i5 processor, the iMac takes advantage of each core to optimize performance. The 4th-gen Haswell Intel processor also allows for low voltage usage for better energy efficiency.
For ports, the iMac has dual Thunderbolt ports (which also double as Mini DisplayPorts) and four USB 3.0 ports. You’ll be able to connect with various compatible components. If you would rather go wireless with your peripherals, you can use Bluetooth 4.0 technology where compatible. This iMac comes with a Mac OS X operating system preinstalled, which features a user-friendly interface.
- Impossibly Thin
- Just a mere 5mm at its edge, the iMac has up to 40 percent less volume than the 2011 iMac. Using an advanced welding method called friction-stir welding, Apple was able to join the front and the back of the iMac together directly
- Re-Engineered Screen
- The display on the iMac is no longer behind the cover glass, but it’s actually right up against it. The LCD itself is 5mm thinner than before and using an advanced process called full lamination, Apple was able to eliminate a 2mm gap between the LCD and the glass. Full lamination has a second major benefit, that it eliminates reflection of light off the LCD panel and off the back of the display’s cover glass. Apple also reduced reflection off the front of the glass without compromising color quality. Instead of applying an antireflective coating to the glass in the conventional way, Apple adapted a process commonly used on camera lenses called plasma deposition, which results in 75 percent reduction in reflectivity and vibrant, accurate colors.
- True-to-Life Colors
- None of these innovations would matter much if the iMac display didn’t deliver vivid, true-to-life color. Which is why Apple puts every single display through an exacting color-calibration process using three state-of-the-art spectroradiometers: one to measure gamma, one to measure white point, and one to check the work of the other two. This equipment is tuned to meet color standards recognized around the world for precision and accuracy
- A Display of Excellence
- The 27″ screen of the iMac features an innovative display design which reduces reflection by 75 percent. In addition, the LCD now sits right up against the glass allowing the picture so content looks crisp and clear. The display also uses in-plane switching (IPS) technology resulting in a bright picture with vivid, true-to-life color from a wide 178° viewing angle. The LED backlighting also offers instant-on, uniform brightness
- The iMac is energy efficient, using up to 50 percent less energy in the idle state with the display on. And, its hardware components work hand in hand with the operating system to conserve even more power. The environmentally friendly iMac design is free of many harmful toxins, including mercury, arsenic, BFRs, and PVC. It’s also made from materials such as aluminum and glass, which are more likely to be recycled and reused